Yeah, yeah… there aren’t any friends on a powder day, but if your crew isn’t with you, it’s a necessity to share the stoke. On that note, and after a weekend of geeking out on social media, we’re inspired to highlight our favorite ways to brag about fresh tracks, sick tricks and the best days ever.
Best skiing/snowboarding apps:
- SNOCRU – Called the “Frankenstein of winter apps” by ESPN, this mobile app does it all: check global snow conditions, find your friends on the mountain in real time, track your day on the slopes, hit up the best après ski party or local shop, and share the whole experience on Facebook and Twitter.
- EpicMix –Vail Resorts’ app has you covered at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar. Share your resort photos on Facebook and Twitter, chart your vertical feet, and win “pins” when you complete certain tasks, like the Connoisseur pin that’s awarded when you ride 75+ lifts. New this year, Vail and Heavenly offer EpicMix Racing that lets users track their times and race against others – even pacesetter Lindsay Vonn.
- Instagram – Alright, this one is pretty obvious, but if you haven’t used this photo-editing app to crop, filter and post your snow pictures, you’re missing out. It’s where the pros are posting, and our feed is pretty slick as well.
- Vine – Brand new from Twitter, Vine is a similar micro-blogging tool, but instead of 140 characters, you have 6 seconds of video to play with. That may not sound like much, but if a picture is worth a thousand words… you get the point.
- Big Words – You had the BEST DAY EVER. Download this app, spell out your stoke and text it to you friends.